SACRAMENTO – The California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC) is encouraging youth to apply for its 2019 Frederick M. Roberts College Scholarship by the April 8 deadline.The CLBC Scholarship Program was established to assist deserving students by offering financial assistance to help meet educational expenses.
The program provides tuition assistance to enable students to fulfill their higher education goals. Scholarship candidates must be graduating high school seniors with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning. First year full-time students in good academic standing at an accredited college or university are also eligible to apply.
To be eligible for selection, candidates must:
- Complete the online CLBC Scholarship Application.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit personal statement essay describing why you should be selected
- Two signed letters of recommendation dated within the last 90 days
- Community member not related to you
- School representative
- Copy of the most recent transcript
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is Monday, April 8. Only complete applications will be considered. Scholarship recipients will be announced on May 1.