In 1915, businessman Joseph L. Lewis built this structure on 35th Street in Oak Park. The 40 Acres Complex was formerly known as the historic Woodruff Hotel and Guild Theater. The 40 Acres Complex has housed various neighborhood-serving businesses through the years including Azevedo’s Women’s Apparel and the Guild Theater. The Guild Theater was first called the Victor Theatre then it became the Oak Park Theater and then the Guild Theater. Currently the complex contains Underground Books, the Guild Theater, World Class Faders, Old Soul @ 40 Acres, and Fixins Soul Kitchen.