By Nicholas Ibarra | OBSERVER Staff Writer
All listed events, and more, can be viewed online on The OBSERVER’s community events calendar at SacObserver.com.
- Mr. Tim’s Youth Healing Circle – 6-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday at 7000 Franklin Blvd., Suite 1020. Hooked On Fishing Not Violence Presents: Mr. Tim’s Youth Healing Circle. Every Tuesday, featuring special guest speakers and more. Don’t miss this great opportunity for your child to interact with community leaders.
- The Men’s Healing Circle – 6-7:30 p.m. every Wednesday at 7000 Franklin Blvd., Suite 1020. Hooked On Fishing Not Violence & Heal and Rebuild Collective Presents: The Men’s Healing Circle. Every Wednesday, featuring special guest speakers and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with other Black men and share in healing together.
- Sacramento Hot Showcase – 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 12, at the Guild Theater. A talent competition that will allow competitors a chance to win $200. Hosted by comedian Tristan Johnson and music by DJ MadStick.
- NeighborGood Market: Elk Grove – 4-8 p.m. every Thursday at 9701 Big Horn Blvd. This fresh open-air Market features local farmers, artisans, and vendors all in compliance with the latest CDC guidelines to keep the community safe. Join your neighbors in supporting the small and micro-businesses that make Elk Grove so unique – whether it’s picking out organic produce for family dinner or finding that one-of-a-kind gift for a special someone.
- “Tap In” Community Business Mixer – 5:30-7 p.m. Thursday, July 13, at the Center for Fathers and Families. Come network with others, let’s come together and grow together. Advertise, get your business known everywhere; Partner, work with others in order to be stronger; Fund, get some real financial support.
- 2023 CA State Fair – 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Fridays-Sundays and 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, June 14, through June 30, at the Cal Expo. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the 2023 CA State Fair & Food Festival. Come out and celebrate all of the amazing things California has to offer this summer, including food, drinks, rides, live performances, car shows and races.
- #StephonClark Minority Mental Health Expo – 1-6 p.m. Friday, July 14, at 7833 Center Pkwy. Join them for a day of education, food, resource vendors, special performances, inspiration and community as they bring awareness to the unique struggles that racial and ethnic minority communities face regarding mental illness in the United States. Mental health conditions do not discriminate based on color, race, gender or identity.
- Jazz in July – 6-8 p.m. Friday, July 14, at Land Park. This week’s ‘Jazz in July’ entertainment is the Jeff Miniweather Trio and a special guest. Don’t forget to bring your lawn chairs and blankets.
- DJ Quik – 8-11 p.m. Friday, July 14, at Harlow’s. Come and get down to some live music with rapper and producer, DJ Quik, renowned for his West Coast G-Funk style of hip-hop. There will also be performances from 410 and Chanel Nicole.
- Comedy Night: Presented by Celebration Arts – 6-10 p.m. Saturday, July 15, at Celebration Arts. Join them for a special evening of side-splitting laughter with Headliner Jay Rich, featuring Regina Givens, with special guest Kul Black. Hosted by D-Tyler.