By Nicholas Ibarra | OBSERVER Staff Writer
All listed events, and more, can be viewed online on The OBSERVER’s community events calendar at SacObserver.com.
- Rec on the Moo-ve – 10 a.m.-noon Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 27 through Aug. 3 at Bryte Park. West Sacramento is bringing the fun to the park this summer. This free drop-in program features equipment, games, arts and crafts, and much more. For ages 6-12. Free lunch provided by the Washington Unified School District will be available at noon at Riverbank Elementary.
- Open Mic Hosted by Marcus Mangham – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 28, at the Punch Line in the Callback Bar. Join local comedian Marcus Mangham for this great opportunity to support new comedians or see returning comics work out new material. Sign-ups open at noon Tuesday, June 27. The first five comics to email email@example.com get a guaranteed spot. Everyone else enters a raffle upon arrival.
- California Reparations Task Force: Final Reparations Report – 9 a.m. Thursday, June 29, at the March Fong Eu Secretary of State Building, First-Floor Auditorium, 1500 11th St. Join the public hearings for the release of the final California Reparations Report. The meeting is free and open to the public. Join in person or virtually.
- TAP Wine Lounge – 6-10 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, starting June 29, TAP Wine Lounge, 1101 Del Paso Blvd. Experience the ambiance and enjoy Black boutique wines that you, your friends, your family and colleagues will appreciate.
- Understanding Credit workshop – 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 29, at Soul Space. Your financial journey can be slowed by not understanding how credit works. Learn how to improve your credit and take control of your credit score. Attendees must register.
- Summer Soul Cinema presents “Dave Chappelle’s Block Party” – 7-10 p.m. Thursday, June 29, at Lab 7. The 2005 concert film starring Dave Chappelle, Mos Def, Common, The Roots, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kanye West and more screens in celebration of Black Music Month. The concert film follows Chappelle in his hometown in Ohio as he rounds up locals from the community to bring them to a free concert that he is hosting in New York. Snacks, drinks, giveaways and sounds will be provided.
- Unity in the Community Rally – 2 p.m. Friday, June 30, at 5940 Rosebud Lane, Sacramento. Moderated by Mr. Stevante Clark, speakers will include Aaron Carter, Keon Johnson, Rashid Sidqe, Brandon Bolton, Money Man WTP, Sequita Thompson, Leia Nicole, Mama Roz, Drumma Kat and Fatemah Martinez. Lunch will be provided.
- Music in the Quad – 7-9 p.m. every other Friday, June 30, through Sept. 22, at Hillsdale Church. An opportunity for local music artists of all genres to showcase their talents. A place where the community can gather and listen to some great family-friendly music of all genres, have some food and relax on a Friday evening. Event is outdoors and includes refreshments and food for purchase, as well as some food served free. There also will be games and recreation for the whole family. Bring a blanket and chairs if you like, but there are tables and chairs available.
- Jurassic World Live Tour – 7 p.m. Friday, June 30, 11 a.m. Saturday, July 1, and noon Sunday, July 2, at Golden 1 Center. The Jurassic World Live Tour is an exhilarating and unpredictable live, family entertainment experience that brings the wonder and thrills of Jurassic World to generations of fans and will be roaring into Sacramento for the first time ever this summer. Get up close and personal with some of your favorite Jurassic World dinosaurs and vehicles.
- V101 Freestyle Throwback Fest ’23 – 7 p.m. Saturday, July 1, at Thunder Valley Casino. Join V101 for a throwback concert featuring performances from Zapp, Lisa Lisa, Trinere, Shannon, Corina, The Cover Girls, Digital Underground, 69 Boyz, Candyman and more.