Nicholas Ibarra | OBSERVER Staff Writer
All listed events, and more, can be viewed online on The OBSERVER’s community events calendar at SacObserver.com.
- Real Talk Between Men – 8:30 a.m. Saturday, March 4, at the Roberts Family Development Center. A new support group for men, Real Talk Between Men is a space where men can have honest conversation, empowering dialogue and learn from one another how to become the best men, partners and fathers they can be. Breakfast will be served and is being prepared by Chef Sekou.
- Mycology 101 – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 4, at Fruitridge Collaborative. All ages are welcome to this free grow workshop with big boy mushrooms and learn the science of fungus.
- Brand Your Brilliance and Negotiate! – 6-7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 4, through Friday, March 10, via Web Conference. This free, seven-day virtual intensive course with Gayle Guest Brown will teach you how to take your career to the next level by building negotiation skills and overcoming money mindset challenges. You will learn a simple, step-by-step process to magnify your brand, enunciate your unique value and nail the negotiation for raises and promotions. Reserve your seat at BrandYourBrilliance.net.
- Monthly Baby Diaper Distribution – Noon-2 p.m. Thursday, March 9, at 3725 Marysville Blvd. If you have children aged 0-4 and need diapers and wipes, register today as 50 diapers per child will be given to families in need who live in the Del Paso Heights/North Sacramento area.
- Poetry Night at the Guild Theater – 7-9 p.m. Thursday, March 9, at the Guild Theater. Introducing “POHOP” to the Guild Theater’s monthly Poetry and Hip Hop Night. Hosted by C West and J.Nash, headlined by poet Rodrick Rodzilla Freeman, and music by Dj-LBoogie, POHOP sheds its light on the masses.