Nicholas Ibarra | The Sacramento Observer
All listed events, and more, can be viewed online on The OBSERVER’s community events calendar at SacObserver.com.
- Elk Grove Food Truck Friday – 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, March 17, at Jan Rau Park. Don’t miss the first Elk Grove Food Truck Friday for the 2023 season. Food In The Hood 916 brings gourmet food trucks to Elk Grove every Friday through November 17. Bring your picnic blanket and lawn chairs to enjoy dinner & dessert in the park or grab-n-go.
- SacTownYouthNights Spring Fling Fashion Show – 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Friday, March 17, at Florin Square. The fashion show will be presented by Georgina Originals. There will be food, entertainment, music, arts and crafts, raffles and resources.
- 75th Celebration: Comedy Night – 7 p.m. Friday, March 17, at St. Paul Church. Join us for an evening of fun and celebration of the 75th Church Anniversary featuring a guest comedian Marcus Wiley and musical artist Lena Byrd Miles.
- Back to the Boulevard Presents Back to Cal Expo – 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, March 18, at the Cal Expo. Back to the Boulevard presents Back to Cal Expo. We are taking it back to the old school with a historic first combination of a Custom Car Show, Boxing Match, and Concert Performance.
- Stephon Clark Legacy Night – 6 p.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, March 18, at Slim & Husky’s. Experience music and healing, presented by I Am SAC Foundation. Live performance by Yelly, an artist from Sacramento, CA that uses art as a vessel to heal not only herself but many across the world. Featured guests – J Kent & Leshon, Emika Love, and Gabe IV. Hosted by Mac Hersch. Sounds by DJ Redikulus.
- Let’s Talk About It – 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, March 19, at Tap Wine Lounge. Guests are invited to spend the afternoon in the company of amazing women, conversation and spoken word. Conversations for women about self care, wealth care and living life abundantly. Wine and delicious small plates will be available for purchase at this free event.
- W Source Placer County: Charmaine Betty-Singleton, Guest Speaker – 9:45 a.m.-11 a.m. Thursday, March 23, at Blue Line Arts. W Source Placer County, a professional women’s group, welcomes Charmaine Betty-Singleton as she talks about the importance of Women’s History Month, a time to recognize contributions, both large & small, that have changed our lives for the better.