By Nicholas Ibarra | OBSERVER Staff Writer
On Friday April 15, from 12 p.m.- 1:30 p.m., Californians for the Arts will host the Arts, Culture and Creativity Month (ACCM) 2022 Webinar Series: The Arts Work to Advance Social Justice & Racial Equity.
The California artists, culture bearers and civic innovators on this panel are creating opportunities for individuals and communities to define and advance racial and social justice.
Their conversations will inform listeners about their practices, explore where visions of justice converge and diverge, examine the multifaceted ways in which they might define justice and discuss what indicators or outcomes will let them know it is being advanced.
Featured panelists include:
- Sophina Brown, Executive Director, Support Black Theatre
- Fabian Debora, Executive Director of Somos LA Homeboy Art Academy, Homeboy Industries
- jason chu, Artist & Activist
- Betty Marin, Program Manager, Alliance for California Traditional Arts
- Erika Ninoyu, Legislative Assistant, Congresswoman Barbara Lee
- Gustavo Herrera, Executive Director, Arts for LA