By Nicholas Ibarra | OBSERVER Staff Writer
Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Sacramento is pleased to present their 9th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Sacramento Regional Essay Contest. The contest was created to further engage the youth with Dr. King’s legacy, his vision, and his leadership that inspired a nation.
The essay contest is open to youth (Middle and High School students) who live in Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, or Sutter County.
The deadline to submit an essay is Wednesday, January 16 at 5 p.m.
How To Submit Entry:
Send as an attachment in PDF (preferred) or Microsoft WORD format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via US Mail to:
MLK Celebration Committee
885 University Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825
Essays are judged on creativity, clarity, content, coherence and adherence to theme. Essays must be written by the student, plagiarism is unacceptable. The winners will receive cash prizes and be recognized as part of the 2022 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration, on February 5, 2022.
• Winners will be chosen from middle and high school categories.
• The essay must consist of no more than 500 words.
• The essay contest is open to middle and high school entries and must be submitted on 8½” x 11” white background, double spaced and typed using a 12pt. font.
• Only one entry per student.
• All entries must include a cover page with the student’s first and last name, grade level, full school name, school district, home address and contact phone number.
• All judging is final and the winners will be notified by January 31, 2022.
• Each winner and one guest will receive a ticket to attend the event. Additional guests are welcome to attend by purchasing a ticket.
For more information, such as topics and prizes, visit: https://www.mlkcelebrationsacramento.org/2022-mlk-essay-contest/