Nicholas Ibarra | OBSERVER Staff Writer
On Thursday, Nov. 4 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. join Sacramento County Public Health, Sierra Health Foundation, and Kaiser Permanente as they host an online COVID-19 Vaccine Educational Forum for Parents and Guardians.
The educational forum is specifically for parents who have children age 12 or older.
Guest speakers will include:
- Nicole Makram – MD, Pediatrician at Kaiser Permanente, South Sacramento
- Mikah Owen – MD, MPH, Pediatrician at UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento
The event will teach you:
- Information about COVID-19, the Delta Variant, and how COVID-19 has impacted adults and children in Sacramento County.
- Up-to-date and accurate facts about the vaccine, how it was developed, and why it is safe.
- Myths and misinformation about the vaccine, specifically as it relates to children 12 years and older.
- Why it is important to build vaccine confidence and increase vaccine uptake in children 12 years and older.
To access the meeting, go to zoom.us, click “JOIN” in the top right hand corner, then enter the Meeting ID: 160 508 0482, followed by your email address, and the Passcode to enter the meeting: 925670.
You can also call in and listen to the meeting via your phone by calling: (669) 254-5252 and entering the Meeting ID and Passcode listed above in bold.
There will be interpreters for the following languages: Arabic, Hmong, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.