By Nicholas Ibarra
On Thursday, Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m, join the National Alliance of Mental Illness and The Steve Fund as they present a live virtual Town Hall for Lift Every Voice: A Call to Action to Promote the Mental Health of the Black Family.
Register for the event here: https://nami-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__rD2o-ePTR-3TITgyleHCg
- Gordon Bell – Board Member, The Steve Fund, Moderator
- Dan Gillison – CEO, NAMI, Moderator
- Marc Morial – President and CEO, National Urban League
- Dr. Annelle Primm – Senior Medical Director, The Steve Fund
- J.B. Moore – Executive Director, NAMI Maryland
- Dr. Napoleon B. Higgins – President and CEO Bay Pointe Behavioral Health, Executive Director, Black Psychiatrists of America
- Harold Turner – Executive Director, NAMI Urban LA
- Dr. Janice Beal – President, Beal Counseling Associates, Mental Health Expert, The Steve Fund
- Ellis Gordon, Former Husband of the late Bebe Moore Campbell
- Sherman Gillums, Jr. Chief Strategy & Operations Officer, NAMI
- U.S. Representative Bonnie Watson Coleman
Experts and advocates will share insights on mental health and mental illnesses in communities of color in the context of structural inequities, the pandemic, and the economic crisis. They will also discuss the full range of mental health care and psychiatric treatment options, support groups, and other resources that can foster thriving among Black families.