After reading this, I became increasingly curious about this myself. Like most I have become aware of the phrase “Do you see the glass have empty or have full?” However, it has become apparent that seeing circumstances and life in general from a half empty perspective is more than just that.
For many skeptical, cautious and have empty believers hearing slogans like “your attitude will determine your altitude” or “change your thinking and you will change your results” can force a skeptic into becoming more negative that you can ever imagine.
So then, how can we as humans change our thinking from negative to complete clarity and charge ahead into developing oneself as a newly reformed positive thinker?
- “Turn lemons into lemonade.” I know we have all heard this saying so many times but when applied in the right way this one small thing can shake any problem. For example, life will never be easy nor will we always get exactly what we desire. However, being consciously aware of every waking moment especially when challenges arise allows us makes conscious deliberate positive decisions which in turn allows us to be able to focus on clear solutions vs focusing on the challenges at hand.
- “Rubber band it.” You may be thinking: “What the heck!” But let me first explain. We live in a world which constantly focuses on CNN (aka constant negative news) and studies have shown that in order to combat 1 negative thought, action or conversation it takes 1,000 positive reinforcements to negate that 1 negative experience. Early on in my career other than reading self help books and listening to motivational audios the only thing that truly forced me to focus on the clearer path was to place a rubber band on my wrist and whenever I went to a negative place mentally I simply pulled that rubber band back and slapped it on my inner wrist. Sounds painful, but it works!
- Remove yourself from bad news” I say this with as much simplicity as I can, so here it goes! STOP watching constant negative news.
- “Don’t be an aid in someone else’s problem, be a vessel of the solution.” Too often we engage in the drama of our closest friends and co workers. Instead of just listening become a person who provides the solution to their challenges. Nothing is more loving than knowing that you are the one who was the vessel to changing things for the better not the individual who magnified the problem.
- “Turn down the music and turn up the audio.” That’s right! Feeding your mind for 15 minutes of a positive audio and turn your car into a positive university on your way to work can speed up your process and take you from dark to light in rapid speed.
After all, the thoughts you think, the words you speak and what you focus on becomes your reality whether good or bad.
Be Bold. Be Great. Be You.