SACRAMENTO – Join the City of Sacramento in recognizing current members of our military and vets at the Second Annual Veteran’s Day Parade on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m., on Capitol Mall between 3rd and 9th streets. A brief program will follow at Capitol Mall and 5th streets. Thousands are expected to attend.
This year’s Grand Marshal is Gunnery Sergeant Nicholas A. Popaditch the “Cigar Marine”. There are 76 entries this year including the Cal Aggie Marching Band, Aerospace Museum of California and the Painted Ladies Rodeo Performers along with several armed forces and veteran’s organizations.
The parade begins at 10 a.m. at 3rd and Capitol Mall and follows a route east on Capitol Mall to 9th Street; and south on 9th Street where the parade will disband.
Road closure info:
- Capitol Mall between 3td and 7th streets from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 3rd Street between N and L will be closed for the start of the parade at 10 a.m.
After there will be rolling street closures between 10 and 10:30 a.m. on Capitol Mall between 7th and 9th as well as 7th and 8th between N and L streets.
Parking restriction info:
- West side of 3rd Street between N and O
- N Street between 2nd and 4th · 2nd Street between N and O streets
- North side of O Street between 2nd and 3rd
- 4th, 5th, and 6th streets between L and N
The parade is sponsored by the City’s Neighborhood Services Division as well as a host of sponsors: JB Management, Comcast, Stationery Engineers Local 39, Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union No. 447, Assemblymember Roger Dickinson, Inside the City, and N Magazine.