COLLEGE PARK, MD. — It happens every year, millions of Americans make resolutions to lose weight. Most persons end that pledge after the first few weeks of the New Year but experts at My Weight Doctor® say it may be that people are trying too hard to make quick changes. The experts say that making small, gradual changes to boost your metabolism will lead to better habits. Program manager Nicole Babka offers the following tips to help jumpstart your weight loss plans:
- Avoid crash diets – There are a lot of gimmicks out there that do nothing but lower your muscle mass and your metabolism.
- Drink Water – The body needs to process calories. Even mild dehydration can slow metabolism.
- Start a strength program – Even a few times a week to build muscle can enhance the body’s ability to burn calories while at rest.
- Eat frequent small meals – Include a healthy mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack or simply break up your lunch into two meals.
- Drinks Ice Cold Zero to Low Calorie Beverages – These beverages help digestion.
- Start to gradually build up your workout program – Make it 10 minutes a day, then 15 minutes a day. Even adding a set of jumping jacks or squats during the work day can count.
- Spice up your food– Chemical compounds found in peppers and cinnamon cause a temporary jump in metabolism.
- Black coffee – Studies show one cup a day can improve energy and concentration and may have a short-term impact on your metabolic rate.
- Increase your intake of protein – The body has to burn more calories to digest protein.
- Drink more Green or Oolong tea – Studies have shown drinking these caffeine packed teas help boost metabolism and weight loss.
For more tips on how to keep your New Year’s resolution to lose weight call My Weight Doctor® on 888-457-8155 for a free, no obligation consultation!